Friday, May 29, 2009

Tessa's CRIB






I follow Kelly's blog and every Friday is SHOW US WHERE YOU LIVE. Every week a different room in your house is picked and everyone posts pics. This week is nurseries so I thought that would be a great opportunity to give those of you who have never been over a chance to peek in to her "crib" (no pun intended) and see where our little miracle lays her head each night.

I actually just re-decorated and am still doing so. We had issues with furniture recalls so all new stuff had to be purchased....great excuse to go shopping!

(If you click on the picture it enlarges them)


The Holly Hobbie pics are actually framed quilt blocks....made in the 1940's

We all know where the custom Tessa & miracle wall expressions came from....Uppercase Living

These are the mobiles I made. I didn't really like any I could find online or in stores besides they really weren't "girly" enough for her room. I surprised myself when they turned out so great!

Most of the books I read Tessa are ones that we collected while she was in the NICU. I read to her EVERY night. I usually get all teary eyed now when I read them.



That framed picture is Tessa's tiny hand gripping the tip of my finger. It really puts in to perspective how small she was.



This is the quilt shelf my dad made years ago and a vintage quilt I found that matched the room perfectly. The dresser is the only piece of "original" nursery furniture. I painted it white and added the vintage crystal knobs to match the other new pieces.





I hope you enjoyed your tour of Tessa's Crib. Oh...my little monkey has a bad case of thrush from the antibiotics she's been on since discharge. It's also caused a bit of hoarseness to her voice. It's so sweet and so sad at the same time. If I can figure out how to upload a video I'll try and post one.

11 comments:

  1. Such a darling room! I love the little girl pictures and your mobile is perfect!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So cute! I love the pink and the wall monogram!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely. I really like the curtains and all the details. How girly!

    ReplyDelete
  4. The Holly Hobbie Blocks were made by Tessa's Great Great Great Grandmother.

    ReplyDelete
  5. So soft, simple, and lovely!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Re. chalkboard: It is a BIG secret you know....
    OK, they went to Lowes and bought a few pieces of crown moulding, cheaper kind then you'd use for the walls. Then they used plywood, (i think it was plywood) and chalkboard paint. They did a bunch of coats over and over until it was dry and jet black. Now, to clean is a bit diff. need a lot and i mean a lot of wet paper towels. But have to wait for it to dry b-4 adding more wet towels to clean, or else the wood will get wet. I love it, and the best part.... it was soooo cheap to make, but looks like an exp one from Ballards or something. Let me see it if you get one!!!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thanks for all the kind words! It's still a work in progress!

    And I'll be trying to get that chalkboard done real soon!

    ReplyDelete
  8. so pretty! I would love to feature her nursery on www.spearmintbaby.com

    email me at spearmintbaby@gmail.com if any interest.

    thx, shari

    ReplyDelete
  9. please share how or what her mobile is made of

    ReplyDelete