Wednesday, June 17, 2009

I lost it...

This past week has proven to be full of first times for us, mostly Tessa.

We visited the NICU for the first time since being discharged. I meant to take my camera but totally forgot. To be honest I probably wouldn't have been able to take any pics anyhow. I was full of tears. The moment I inhaled in the hospital, the smell took me back and I lost it. Then I saw Kris from the BEST Team (lactation) and I lost it again. Then we went thru the NICU doors down near POD 1 and I lost. Then we saw Nanny Stephanie and boy did I really loose it. She was our first primary nurse. Then I saw Dr. Sara and yep, you guessed it...I lost it! Sara was one of the residents on our team. Her first day was 8-3-08, the day Tessa was born. She was actually in the delivery room and helped transport Tessa to All Children's. My last "lost it" happened when I walked over to "the board". This would be the board that all the graduates have their updates posted on. I sent one for Tessa a few months back and looking at the pics made me loose it. The whole experience was pretty much like a Kenny Chesney song...wait....he has a song called I lost it....well I totally did!

Another first was a trip to the beach. Tony and I (mostly I) are not beach people. I know, we live in beautiful Florida....I just hate the sand and the way my legs burn after shaving and jumping in that darn salt water. So no one got in the water but we did get some pretty neat pics!










Tessa got her first bouquet from a boy. I know....she's only 10 months old! We had a date with Jenna (mom of quadruplets) and she brought one of them....Cameron and he brought flowers! He was actually in POD 1 right next to Tessa for a little bit when he was born. His mama sure is teachin' him right! You should have seen the look on Tony's face when I told him they were Tessa's from Cam. He actually had a big 'ol grin...I think he approves!

Having a snack before her lunch date...


Reunited and it feels so good.....

How sweet are these?!

There she is, Miss America....


1st day of Sissy's Summer Camp - Teaching tykes to clean....NOW ENROLLING! Star students can qualify for a scholarship...


Everyone needs to learn how to use a Dyson...



A good sweeper always puts away the cord

It's trash day!


YEAH...our very own MANny!


Oh - and last but certainly not least, I've started planning Tessa's 1st Birthday. It's going to be celebrated on August 8th. A ladybug theme....more details to follow!

3 comments:

  1. This pictures from the beach are adorable! I look forward to planning "firsts" for Garrett. We have to go back to the NICU in a couple of weeks for another swallow study and I know there will be major drama.
    My sister did a ladybug theme for my nieces first birthday and it was too cute. Can't wait to see pictures of Tessa's first bday (my 31st).

    ReplyDelete
  2. LOVE this post. Actually, I love them all! The beach pics are fantastic. I'm with ya on the burning legs. When they start offering free laser hair removal, I'M IN!

    ...Phew! Back from an Angel Care call!

    Where was I? Ah yes, the beach... LOVE IT! Sometimes the water freaks me out though.

    We had SO much fun on our lunch date! Cam is eager to introduce his former roommate to his former wombmates! SOON!

    Can't even wait to see what you come up with for that birthday party!

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great post! Tessa is B-E-A-U-T-I-F-U-L!!!!

    Trips back to visit our Module of the NICU Breanna was in are always very emotional for me too!

    ReplyDelete