Wednesday, August 12, 2009

Ladybug Soiree

I confess....I LOVE to plan parties! So just imagine the thrill I had when a few months back it dawned on me that I needed to start planning Tessa's first birthday celebration. To be honest, I didn't know where to start so I asked all my peeps on facebook for theme ideas. Leave it to my crafty and creative friend Amy to throw-out ladybugs...she had others too but once I heard ladybug I knew that was it! And so the obsession was born!




We celebrated with family and friends on August 8th. Exactly a year from the day I left the hospital after having Tessa....I was baby less. This year was MUCH better!


The baby "cage"...don't judge! If you had 1 year old quadruplets you'd have one too!

For some reason my camera made Tessa's crown grow ladybug spots!?

Tessa took advantage of being the guest of honor...she was very lazy and just felt like laying around instead of sitting like a lady!

Snow cones helped make the EXTREMELY hot day a little better!


She didn't hesitate! What can I say...she takes after her momma when it comes to cake!






5 one year old = great pictures

These beautiful little babes with us are the Walker Quadruplets aka The Nuggets aka Jillian, Jack, Cash and Cameron. They are one of the few VERY special people that have become a part of our lives as a result of Tessa being born premature. Jenna and I were on bed rest together though we didn't meet until the nuggs were born about 5 weeks after Tessa. They too were in the NICU. In a twisted way I am glad that we went through what we did...we would have never met them or some of the nurses who have become great friends!

This photo of me pretty much sums up the day...emotional! I was trying to thank everyone for their support, love and prayers. We were told that if Tessa was born before 28 weeks there was a good chance she'd be blind, deaf or have cerebral palsy. She beat the odds. When she was sick and her kidneys had stopped working we were told TWICE she probably wouldn't make it thru the night. She beat the odds. Now, tell me that wouldn't make you cry!
So here are some extra pics for all of you looking for details...
I channeled Martha Stewart and made the invites myself. All the supplies were purchased at Michael's

I searched high and low for the PERFECT ladybug decor. I found CHEESY ladybug stuff or PINK ladybug stuff. Have you ever seen a pink ladybug??
Polka Dot balloons are from Birthday Express

I bought the red cups holding the silverware and painted the black polka dots on them...I told you I was obsessed!!


I originally purchased red plastic table covers. After looking at them for a week thinking they needed a face lift I decided to paint black spots on them. When the paint wouldn't stick I bought paper covers from Birthday Express. While strolling the isles at Michael's one day I found a ladybug stencil. I think they were the PERFECT touch to the party!!

I purchased red party hats for the kids from iParty and painted black polka dots on them but the FABULOUS crown was made by my friend Amy @ True Love Found

The goody bags ended up being a little more work that I expected. I kept struggling with finding things all ages of kids would enjoy. Finally I decided the bags would be for the younger kids only.

The bags included: green bag from iParty, a custom made CD by me with 22 kids songs, ladybug bubbles from Toy Connection, play dough from The Dollar Tree that I added a "thank you" label I made to, and a ladybug crayon from Lil Boo & Company.

Favors for the older kids and everyone else were these DELICIOUS cookies I made. I tried out about 7 sugar cookie recipes until I found the PERFECT one @ Barret Bakes. I also used their Royal Icing recipe.

Instead of a cake I opted for cupcakes. With a party at a park I thought it would be the easiest option. As you can see I did not compromise the theme. I LOVE the way they turned out! The cupcakes are from Publix and the Sugar Ladybugs are from Baker's Nook.


Oh...my shirt was purchased at Wal Mart and I used the same stencil from the table covers on it. Tessa's pillowcase dress was made by one of Tony's clients....I LOVE it. Tessa's shoes were a pair out of her closet that I spruced up by adding some of the foam ladybugs I used on the invites.


I hope you enjoyed our pics as much as we enjoyed the day. Oh....and two days after Tessa turned one she got her first tooth. Once I can snag a pic of it I'll post it....talk about a birthday present!






20 comments:

  1. Your HAPPY birthday post managed to make me cry again - just like your sweet speech! You have a way with words, party planning, motherhood, and friendship! LOTS of love to all 3 of you!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiffany thanks so much for sharing, you are such an amazing Mommy. And everyone can tell just by the pic how truly blessed you are! xoxox

    ReplyDelete
  3. I finally got on here to see all the pics. You did an amazing job!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi. I found you from The Hip Hostess.
    What a CUTE party! I too love to plan ahead when it comes to parties. They are so fun.
    I work in a NICU so it's rewarding to hear stories like yours. Thanks for sharing.
    Alison

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hi there, I found your blog through 'Polka Dot Birthday Party'. Thanks so much for sharing this great birthday party and the story of your little girl. I've been looking for party ideas for my little boy who turns one in a few weeks. I relate with you wanting to make the first birthday party very special. Our little guy was born blind and this last year has been a very trying one. We are so proud of him though and pray for a miracle everyday! I hope I can throw him a cute party like yours!

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love every detail in this party! What a great day and a special celebration!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Wow! We are having a Ladybug party for my granddaughter, she will be one also! Her name is Lainey and we call her Laineybug. GREAT IDEAS. What a wonderful story! I am doing slide show and was wondwering the song to your site. Could you e-maIL at muleshoefloorcovering@hotmail.com. Thank You!

    ReplyDelete
  8. Okay... its official. Cutest birthday party EVER!! Congrats on your miracle baby... I have one too, born Oct 30th!! I NEED NEED that dress for her birthday party... any chance your client is willing to make another one??? Please let me know... jnmonty2019@msn.com

    Best wishes to you and your beautiful little angel.

    ReplyDelete
  9. Im so Glad you could use my sugar cookie recpie!! Your Party looks wonderful!!!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Fantastic party! You did an amazing job! I have seen this before, I remember than amazing emotional photo of you. Best of luck in the contest!

    Great to see a True Love Found crown! Amy is the best!

    ReplyDelete
  11. Looks like you had a great time planning. Perfect theme for first birthday. Your little lady is a cutie. Great ideas. I will use a few if you don't mind. Thanks! Annette,
    San Diego, CA.

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi. I saw your party on the creative hostess, how lovely! Just wanted to let you know I am running a contest where you can win $100 gift card to Anthropologie- I think your party would be a great addition- http://thecitycradle.com/throw-an-imperfect-party-win

    blessings

    ReplyDelete
  13. I, of course, a newcomer to this blog, but the author does not agree

    ReplyDelete
  14. Hi there, this weekend is nice in favor of
    me, because this occasion i am reading this fantastic educational piece of writing here at my house.


    Here is my blog post :: übersetzung google italienisch deutsch ()

    ReplyDelete
  15. Hello, this weekend is good in favor of me, since this occasion i am reading
    this great informative paragraph here at my house.

    Here is my webpage: wasserdichte ohrenstöpsel

    ReplyDelete
  16. What's up, every time i used to check blog posts here in the early hours in the dawn, as i like to find out more and more.

    Check out my blog post: stiftung warentest mp3 player 2011

    ReplyDelete
  17. Hello everybody, here every one is sharing such familiarity,
    thus it's good to read this webpage, and I used to pay a visit this webpage every day.

    Here is my webpage - mp3 player mit batterie *www.studzoo4you.com*

    ReplyDelete