Thursday, January 28, 2010

Albuterol is our friend!

Well....Tessa got worse today so I loaded her up and headed to the pediatrician. I felt so bad going back for the 3rd time in a week but since this is her first time being sick I really have no idea what is "normal". They really are the BEST office...they NEVER make me feel like a freak and always listen to my crazy antics!

We got an Albuterol breathing treatment while there (Tessa used to get those all the time while in the NICU) and a shot of some SUPER antibiotic...yes a shot! I had no idea they could give them in shot form. Dr. Lisa said since the one we are currently on is not helping the ears and obviously not helping the congestion we should switch but she didn't want to wait a few days for it to kick in. So Tessa took it like the big girl she is and only cried for maybe 10.3 seconds!

Dr. Lisa also said she wanted us to go to the hospital. Now some of you might have had a heart attack when HOSPITAL was mentioned but I truly felt like a weight had been lifted off my shoulders. I knew the HOSPITAL meant we would finally know if this "cold" is something serious. So we headed over to All Children's (our first visit as a patient since the NEW one opened 2 weeks ago) and had a chest xray. We were there for a whole 30 minutes and then on our way home.

I don't' have the results yet and don't expect to until tomorrow. Dr. Lisa said she really didn't think much would be seen in the xray so she wouldn't bother me during the evening but she wanted the scan to be safe rather than sorry.

In good mommy and daddy fashion we took this opportunity to snap some memories....

She is soooooooo her daddy's girl! He MUST have Campbell's Chicken Noodle Soup when sick....and guess what was the ONLY thing she would eat yesterday and today???

Notice the hospital ID band on the leg? And the red face?? Poor thing already has sensitive skin and this runny nose and mama wiping it raw all day doesn't help!


I woke her up (after smelling something FRESH coming from her diaper) and gave her a treatment tonight....



I am about to finish off my glass of Airborne and pray I don't get sick too. I'll post as soon as we are updated with the results from the xray!

3 comments:

  1. Oh, poor T! Her face looks just like the Nuggets' a couple of weeks ago. I hate that she's sick:( Hope she's all better soon!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Tiffany- you have know idea who i am or where i am from but i feel for you. my son has asthma and is constantly getting respiratory infections and is on albuterol probably for the rest of his life. Since he was born he has had 19 respiratory infections and he is only 2 years old. I hate given them to him and taken him to the doctor about every three weeks is really getting annoying. they no me by name and probably what is going on in my life because we are there so much. I hope that your baby tessa gets better soon and that you find out what she has. Wish that you dont get what she has! =)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Please watch for Superventricular Tachycardia (SVT) with albuterol as I wish I could've with my child. I hope all goes well.

    ReplyDelete